Saturday, March 15, 2008

Garmin Forerunner 50

I am so worked up right now at my stupid Garmin Forerunner 50, which I just dropped $107 on plus another $125 for the footpod. I've spent the past two stupid hours trying to get this stupid shit connected to my MacBook which, according to their stupid file-way-too-large sitelet is supposed to be stupid easy. Then come to find that I can't even use the stupid connect website since it's not Mac compatible. Which is stupid. What kind of fitness enthusiast uses a damned PC anyway? And who the f--- are these Garmin ignorami who can't make their instruction manual and help files more, gee, I don't know, helpful?

If I pay for a product whose sole purpose it to easily download workout info to my computer, then it better be f---'in easy for me to DOWNLOAD WORKOUT INFO TO MY COMPUTER.

I've been deep in computers for the past TWENTY FIVE YEARS, have ALREADY OWNED A HEART RATE MONITOR FOR THE PAST EIGHT YEARS, and HAVE NEVER MET SOFTWARE I COULD NOT INSTALL CORRECTLY.

F--- you, Garmin.

Oh, I went for a run today. I WOULD TELL YOU MORE ABOUT SAID RUN BUT I CAN'T GET MY F---'ING WATCH TO TALK TO MY MACBOOK.

2 comments:

william Peace said...

Very funny post. Technology is great when it works but that does not happen too often. Software makers assume everyone writes software and are skilled PC users. How else do you explain such gross incompetence?

Unknown said...

This Garmin F50 is a piece of crap! The watch ate up battery within 2 month of normal usage, stopped running in a middle of a race... :(. It always needs to be paired when you try to use both the foot pod and the heart rate monitor, and the work outs need to be saved, or get lost...
I am very disappointed for $ 150!