Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lifting day

I lifted today, satisfying my 2008 mission to lift once a week.

||------|| ||------|| ||------||

  1. Consider doing the 6:30 full body conditioning class but, upon putting on bright orange 3" shorts that were slightly see-through (eek!) and totally embarrassing (particularly with black ankle socks) (I hate black socks) (I need to do laundry), and since I'm dressed by 6:00, try to warm up on erg but some dude's already there. Stretch instead.
  2. 1x8x80, 1x8x90, 1x8x80 lat pulldowns with 15 seconds of walking / arm stretches in between sets
  3. 3x8x90 squats
  4. 1x8x70, 1x7x70, 1x5x70 leg curls. This machine confuses me. I need to find my old workout notes because, well. I'm confused. I used to kill these. Maybe the squats made my butt sleepy.
  5. 1x24x20 bicep curls, middle 8 on tip toes.
  6. 3:00 on 1:58 split 35 spm, 2 off erg.
  7. Stretch
  8. Steam and shower. Sauna is worthless at the Soho NYSC.
  9. 12 ounces of shake thing once I got home.
||------|| ||------|| ||------||

Me & Steve Hayhurst
Seeing this picture of me
in my crazy costume
at my 31st birthday party
gave me pause


Thoughts:
  1. My body looks puffy, which is not my goal. I remember the med school team semi half coach for crew in undergrad. She had huge quads but also fat over them which really was not a hot look. I have no idea what she looked like when she was in shape but I must say, my quads and my arms are looking puffy and much like they did in college. This confuses me. Doesn't lifting make one lean? Maybe I need to mix the yoga back in more frequently.
  2. All that said, my glutes look awesome. Nice and lifted which was one of the reasons I started lifting again, it was looking a tad pancakey.
  3. I can't handle lactic acid like I used to. Need to figure out how to work on this.
||------|| ||------|| ||------||

No comments: