Thursday, January 31, 2008

Walkin'

  • Walked 18 blocks in 4" heels
  • Did two real deal pushups with some contraption that involves rotating your wrists.

In other news, am looking forward to watching Rolling on PBS tonight. My sister uses a wheelchair when she has to walk more than a block, and my brother-in-law uses a wheelchair. Suddenly while blogging this I remember my older sister commenting that she needed to join a gym to lose some of the weight she's put on as a side effect of her medicine.
I remember feeling very protective of her in that moment. I didn't want the people in the gym to look at her and stare. (People always look and stare.)

I hate it when people look at her and stare. That's my sister, I think. Stop.

2 comments:

william Peace said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about Rolling. It is a great documentary and people do indeed always stare at wheelchair users. I for one stop what I am doing and stare directly back at the individual who stares at me--a clear social violation. On an unrelated topic, how can a woman walk so far in 4 "heels? Women and shoes are an eternal mystery to we simple minded men.

Anittah Patrick said...

One answer: big feet :) My feet are so long that a 4" heel isn't really that bad of an angle of incline. :P