Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lifting

I have an early flight to Chicago tomorrow morning, so I decided not to go to the annual crew alumni dinner tonight. However, I did get in a lifting workout. I based it on a workout that apparently I did while still working at The Bank.

There were a few exercises that I've never really liked, and I know myself well enough to know that I hate distance cardio. So, I said, you know what, I'm just going to do sprint pieces on the erg today.

I didn't give myself enough rest time, though, and combined with doing 20 reps this time, the lactic acid was killing me softly. But, I'm feeling good that this'll be the right approach for me. Sprint intervals, low weight high reps = cut and not puffy. TBD.

||-----||

  • Erg, resistance 4, 3 sets of 50 seconds on / 50 seconds off
    • 221 meters @ 36 spm
    • 224 meters @ 36 spm
    • 223 meters @ 38 spm
  • Stretch
  • Lat pulldowns, 3 sets of 20 reps at 50 lbs. This was very manageable and assuming my lats aren't sore tomorrow, maybe I'll bump up the weight.
  • Bicep curls, 3 sets of 20 reps at 10 lbs. This was the right weight.
  • Erg, resistance 8, 4 sets of 2:48 on / 1:12 off
    • 708 m @ 34
    • 675 m @ 33
    • 663 m @ 34
    • 665 m @ 34
  • 5 minutes easy on erg, cooldown
  • Stretch
Good music definitely helps keep the stroke rating up. I think I am going to rest more though. Hafta remember that sprinting workouts are a different beast and the on / off ratio has to change accordingly.

||-----||


No comments: