Thursday, February 21, 2008

Workout recap

Was in Aruba the past week sans Interwebz so here's a roundup of my recent workouts:
  • Tuesday 2/12: 7:45 p.m. hoops game. I think we won. I definitely scored some points.
  • Friday 2/15: Got a lot of swimming done in Aruba. It counts. My heart rate was up there. Although I definitely like the strokes that involve lying on your back better. My friend Rachel commented that my swimming is stronger and more confident this year, which we attributed in part to the swim class I took at Baruch this past fall. Even though I only made it to three classes I have to agree.
  • Saturday 2/16: Went for a run on the beach for half an hour at sunset. It was sprinkling rain which felt super-nice. Must admit that the sprinting and lifting have made me thicker which I do not like, so I guess it's back to yoga and distance runs. Oh, vanity. I wonder if there's an exercise I can do that only makes the hindparts get big? I miss my sprinter booty.
  • Sunday 2/17: 4 1/2 hour brunch / snorkel cruise. Ton of snorkeling in. Fishies are adorbz!
  • Monday 2/18: Lots of swimming, including some snorkeling. I like feeling the burn in my thighs when I powersnork.
  • Tuesday 2/19: More swimming. Burnt my back while I was at it, in an unenlightened move that involved no suntan lotion. DUH.
That's it. I'm in the market for a device that tracks distance run as well as heart rate, perhaps with an iPod synch, and also in the market for new running shoes. Am considering doing the corporate challenge in mid-June.

Looking forward to a run next Thursday while I'm in Miami for work.

\\____//

I have no idea what that is. I tried to make a snorkel fin. FAIL

\\____//

No comments: