Friday, February 29, 2008

Treadmill

On Tuesday the 26th I was supposed to lift but I don't like the kind of body I get while lifting. Plus, at an alumni event on Monday night, I spoke with two fellow crew alumna (a few years older than me) and they agreed that the kind of body you get when training for Div I sports is not exactly the kind of body you want as, say, a civilian. So I'm redlining lifting from my workout routines as a general rule.

Instead I tried the treadmill for the first time ever and must say I really liked it. I never know how fast to run so the quantifying of my mile split was important for me. I also tried running without socks which I also liked.

In sum, I think I am definitely going to pony up for the Garvin GPS workout tracker that my basketball teammate Lisa suggested, buy some new running shoes, and let this gradual increase in my physical activity go ahead and take root.

  • 2 miles on the treadmill at a 9:20 mile split
  • 2 intervals on erg (1 minute on, 1:30 off @ resistance = 4)
  • 1 set of 8 on the lat pulldowns @ 90 lbs (couldn't resist)
  • Sauna
_________||


No comments: